Lip blush is a permanent cosmetic tattoo which enhances the natural shape of your lips. The technique is designed to give your lips the appearance of fullness and definition. A custom shade is chosen and the end result is a natural blush of colour on your lips, which lasts from two to three years depending on your age, skin factors and lifestyle.
Please exfoliate your lips 2 days prior to your appointment. You can do this at home with a drop of coconut oil and sugar to create your own sugar scrub. Dry lips cannot be worked on, therefore it is important to stay hydrated and to moisturize your lips everyday. I recommend using Vaseline or Aquaphor.
• Avoid: Makeup on your lips, sauna, sunbathing, pool, and excessive sweating.
• Do not pick your lips (flaking and scabbing is normal).
• Drink liquids with a straw.
• Do not apply anything besides Aquaphor or A&D ointment that is provided (every 1-2 hours, you must keep your lips moisturized).
• Do not scrub or exfoliate your lips, wash with fragrance-free soap twice a day and gently dab with tissue napkin.
• Illusion of fullness and youthfulness
• Boost of colour or tint without having to re-apply
• Cover Fordyce Spots, imperfections, darkness or hyper-pigmentation
Lip blush is not recommended for clients who are or have any of the following:
• Pregnant or nursing
• Diabetic or undergoing chemotherapy (Please advise doctor before going through procedure)
• Viral infections or diseases
• Accutane use in the past six months
• Had lip fillers within the past month (Please wait until 1 month to book your appointment)
• Eczema on the area of procedure
• Chemical peels within the last two weeks (Please wait until 2 weeks to book your appointment)
• Cold sores: If you are prone to cold sores, lip tattooing can cause outbreaks. It is your responsibility to take your prescribed anti-viral medication from your doctor a few days prior to your appointment and after the procedure to prevent any cold sores. If you have an outbreak on your lips, we ask that you reschedule your appointment.
Please advise that it is your responsibility to read the pre-care and post-op instructions and the process of the lip blush procedure before your appointment.
Touch up is the final step of the lip blush procedure. First, touch up is recommended to be done no sooner than 6 weeks after initial procedure. Please ensure you have waited long enough for lip fillers, botox, chemical peels or laser treatments to have your touch up done. After the healing process, lips will lighten up to 50% than they appear immediately after the procedure. During your touch up session, it is possible to change the shape and the colour. Healing various from person to person. Touch up is done to go over any pigment loss during the healing process and to fill over any spots that the lips did not retain during the initial procedure.
These factors will cause your tattoo to fade faster:
• Iron deficiency
• Sun exposure
• Strong immune systems
• Exposure to salt water
Colour retention depends on skin type, age, aftercare, sun exposure, use of certain products, the immune system, medications, and other factors. However, generally the colour lasts about 2-3 years. Touch ups are recommended once every 1 - 2 year to prevent natural fading.
Topical anesthetic is applied before and during the procedure to minimize any discomfort. However, sensitivity differs from person to person. Do not drink coffee, tea, alcohol or take any blood thinners such as ibuprofen (Advil) or Aspirin 24 hours prior to appointment.
• All needles and hand tools are single-use, come in a sterilized package, and disposed of after each client.
• Implements such as gauze, cotton swabs, etc. are single-use and disposed of after each client.
• Gloves and mask are worn at all times during the procedure and disposed of after each client.
• All stations are thoroughly disinfected with Cavi Wipes after each client.
• Luxe Lip Studio is fully licensed, insured and health inspected.